- Spacious units, some with lounges and kitchenettes (Family suites).
- Bed and breakfast or self-catering.
- Tastefully furnished with antique cottage furniture.
- Fans,TV's and DVD players in all suites.
- Private entrances.
- Secure off-street parking.
- Large Farmhouse, Continental or Packed breakfast (optional).
- Home-cooked dinners on special request (weekdays only).
- Close access to beaches, sports stadia, airport, shopping malls, casino, health gyms, hospitals, restaurants etc.
- Selected suites pet friendly.
History of Walmer
In 1815 a farm known as Welbedacht was granted to Mr Anthony Michael Muller by Lord Charles Somerset.
In 1852 a portion of the farm was sub-divided and transferred to the Mayor of Port Elizabeth.
The portion called "Muller Town" was renamed to Walmer as a token of respect to the Duke of Wellington.
He passed away at Walmer Castle in Kent, England.
Built by Henry VIII in 1539–1540, Walmer Castle served as an artillery fortress to counter the threat of invasion from Catholic France and Spain.